Red Lentils 225grms (8 oz)
Water 450 mls (3/4 pint )
Butter or Marge 25 grm (1 oz)
Cheddar Cheese 100grm (4oz)
Mixed Herbs 5ml (1tsp)
Free range egg 1
Wholemeal breadcrumbs 25 grm (1oz)
Mushrooms 100grm (4oz)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils in the measured water (approximately 20 minutes) until soft and all the water has been absorbed.
- Chop the onion, then melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion until transparent.
- Combine all the ingredients together and press into an oiled 1lb loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven at 190°C (375°F) for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with a spicy tomato sauce and green vegetables or cold with salads