This recipe was passed to me by a lovely lady I played golf with many years ago and she is now in her 90s. It is the perfect way to use a glut of courgette, marrow or cucumbers at the end of the growing season. Wonderfully warming and improves in flavour if frozen. Serves 6 - 8.
2 medium onions, chopped
500g courgette (marrow or cucumber can be used), chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1200ml chicken stock (much better if it is not made with a stock cube)
Yogurt and chives to garnish
- Sauté the onions for 5mins.
- Add the courgettes and garlic and cook for a further 5mins.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil and turn down the heat to simmer for approx 25mins.
- Allow to cool and liquidize or process.
- Garnish with a small trickle of yogurt and chopped chives.