half a pint of water
1oz plain flour
2 eggs separated
4oz caster sugar
- Boil together water, butter and grated rind of lemon.
- Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl and pour on the hot liquid, whisking well.
- Return mixture to pan and whisk in the two egg yolks.
- Bring slowly to the boil and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Remove pan from heat, add lemon juice and fold in whisked egg whites.
- Place mixture in serving dishes and chill.
Serve with cream