This recipe makes 2 small plates, ideal for a quick supper.
3 small courgettes
30 grams Pecorino Romano cheese
- Place a griddle on a high heat. While it heats up, slice the courgettes on an angle into medium-large chunks.
- Put them in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and a drop of olive oil and run your fingers through them to coat them lightly.
- Lay them in the hot pan and don't be tempted to move them until they have black char lines.
- Turn them over and cook for another couple of minutes to chargrill the other side.
- Using a peeler, shave the cheese into a bowl, tip in the courgettes straight from the griddle and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt. Trickle over a small drizzle of honey to coat the courgettes lightly while they are still warm to intensify the flavours and bind everything together.
Tumble onto small plates and eat while still warm.