4 large cup mushrooms (approx 120grms) 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 stick celery 1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ small onion salt, pepper
25 grms walnuts ½ beaten egg
25grms butter (or margarine) 25grms cheddar cheese
25 grms fresh breadcrumbs 2 tablesoons vegetable stock
- Wash mushrooms and pull out the stalks. Chop the stalks finely,
- Chop the celery, onion and walnuts finely.
- Heat butter (margarine) in a frying pan and lightly brown the rounded side of the mushrooms. Remove from the pan and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add chopped mushroom stalks, celery, onion and walnut to the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice and seasoning. Add the beaten egg to bind together.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the mushroom caps. Sprinkle each mushroom with cheese.
- Pour the stock round the mushrooms.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C / Gas 4 for approximately 20 minutes.