short crust pastry
200g smoked salmon
½ pint double cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°(gas 4)
- Line an 8” flan dish with short crust pastry. Prick all over with a fork and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove and leave until pastry has cooled slightly.
- Line the pastry with the salmon, leaving as few gaps as possible, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and seasoning and pour over the salmon.
- Bake on a baking sheet in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cold