Although this takes a bit of time, it looks intriguing and is a great addition to a special picnic. It can be made up to 4 days in advance and improves in flavour with a couple of days in the fridge. These ingredients will serve 2.
- 100gm chopped mixed dried fruits
- 50gm chopped mixed glace fruits
- 2 tablespoons of port
- 250gm cream cheese
- 100gm grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peal
- Approx 150gm poppy seeds
- Combine the fruits in a bowl with the port, cover and stand for 1 to 2 hours.
- Beat softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese together in and electric mixer, stir in the orange rind and fruit mixture. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll mixture into log shape about 20cm in length, roll in poppy seeds, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Serve with cheese biscuits and grapes.