- 250 gm flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 3 Bramley apples, peeled and cored
- 150 gm golden caster sugar
- 150 gm melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Topping - 1 tbsp honey and ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 c, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 23 cm round loose bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and 1 tsp cinnamon into a large bowl and stir in the sugar. Cut 2 apples into 1 cm dice and add to the flour. Mix in the melted butter and then the eggs. Spoon into the tin.
- Slice the remaining apple and arrange on the top of the cake and bake for 50-55 minutes until golden and cooked throughout.
- Whilst still warm, mix the honey with the remaining cinnamon and brush over the top of the cake. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
From White Chimneys Kitchen The Tidy Cook