- 4 eggs, separated
- Grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons
- 25 g butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 50 g flour
- 475 ml milk
- Preheat the oven 400F/200C/gas mark 6. Grease a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish (900mls for half recipe).
- Put the egg yolks, lemon rind and juice, butter, sugar and flour into a processor and blend well, and then add the milk through the funnel. (If you do not have a processor work the butter and sugar together, then add the egg yolks and flour and lastly the milk.) Beat the egg whites until firm and fold into the mixture. Pour into the greased dish.
- Place in a roasting tin; pour boiling water into the tin to come half way up the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve at once. It is also good cold.... allow to go cold and refrigerate. Serve with cream.
The Tidy Cook