2 tablespoons sesame oil
4 skinless breasts of chicken cut into thin finger strips
1 bunch spring onions diagonally cut
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2cm piece fresh ginger grated
1 small red and yellow peppers sliced
75gm trimmed mangetout
125gm mushrooms sliced
50gm shelled cashew nuts
3 tablespoons light soy sauce (I use the reduced salt)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon corn flour, blended in a little water
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the chicken for a few minutes to seal the meat, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions, garlic and the ginger and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers, mangetout, mushrooms, nuts, soy sauce, vinegar, most of the sesame seeds, the blended cornflour and season to taste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring continually until the liquid is clear and the vegetables are just cooked. Sprinkle over the remaining sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
The Tidy Cook