Grange Park is built on land which was originally part of Fromeshaw House. Over the years Fromeshaw House was known by various names including Ketchcold, Costy Lovey and Woodfield House.
In the 17th century it belonged to the Lords of the Manor of Sturden and when they sold it in 1713 it was described as having “fishponds, a coppice for firewood and 2 rabbit warrens”. Originally the grounds extended down to the river. The pond remains and has given the name to the other half of the now divided house – Lake House.
In the nineteenth century Robert Johnson, a Wesleyan circuit steward, lived in the house and by 1843 Methodist meetings were held in a room over his stables.
The dovecote and an out building at the rear of 1 Grange Park are all that remain of the outbuildings which were part of the Fromeshaw Estate. The dovecote is now an electricity sub-station.