250g ready made all butter puff pastry
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into rough 1 cm dice
2 tablespoons olive oil
80g grated mature cheddar cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons double cream (or crème fraîche)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C /fan 180°C/ gas 6
- Roll out pastry on a floured board to about 3mm thick (rectangle roughly the size of a swiss roll tin).
- Lay out the pastry on a deep baking tray lined with bakewell paper. Prick all over with a fork and bake for 8 -10 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Meanwhile, gently cook the onion and peppers in the olive oil until soft. Cool.
- Add the pepper mixture to a bowl with all of the other ingredients. Stir to combine and season to taste.
- Carefully turn the pastry over in the tray and spread the mixture over.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly coloured. Serve warm with a salad.