4 large eggs
75g soft light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
100g ground almonds
4 tablespoons self-raising flour
150g fresh raspberries
4 ripe but firm stoned and quartered nectarines
10g flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas 6.
- Lightly grease a 26 cm ceramic /glass flan dish or shallow pie dish.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs sugar and almond essence for 5 -8 minutes or until very thick, pale and fluffy.
- Mix the ground almonds with the flour in a bowl and then gently fold into the egg mixture using a large metal spoon. Do not worry too much about lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and dot with raspberries and nectarine quarters.
- Scatter the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is firm and nicely risen.
Serve with creme fraiche, ice cream or custard.