The first mentioned owner of the Manor House is recorded as Joseph Beck in 1737. It remained in the Beck family until it was bought by Philip Debell Tuckett in 1800. The pond is fed from the lake at the rear of the Manor House via a pipe which runs under the road.
In recent years there have been reports of terrapins or turtles living in the pond. Can anyone confirm this?